Servings: 12 Serving size: 1 cup Preparation time: 15 minutes Cook time: An hour or more
15 ounces canned baked beans
15 ounces canned black beans
15 ounces canned green beans
15 ounces kidney beans
15 ounces yellow wax beans
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 medium chopped green pepper
6 ounces tomato paste
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons dried mustard
2 tablespoon molasses
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Drain all the cans of beans except the baked beans.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the beans, plus the onions and bell peppers.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the tomato paste, salt, dry mustard, molasses, brown sugar, and vinegar to make a sauce.
4. Pour sauce over beans and mix well.
5. Place in baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour or longer. (When in a rush, I've had good luck heating this dish in the microwave.)
I hope you enjoy this dish. Let me know if you've tried it and how it turned out.
Good cooking to you,