Speaking of variations, I occasionally toss in small slices of hard Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta. I encourage you to experiment with your own favorite garnishes.
Serves 4 Preparation Time: 15 minutes Chill time: 1 hour
2 medium bunches of kale
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
*2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon's worth)
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
Dash freshly ground black pepper.
*I use Ready to Use Minced Garlic from a jar. So easy!
1. If using whole garlic, process all the ingredients in blender until the garlic is barely noticeable to the eye.
2. If using pre-minced garlic, put all the ingredients in a jar and shake until well mixed.
3. Adjust ingredients to taste.
1. Tear kale leaves away from stems and finely chop or shred the leaves. Discard the stems or use in smoothies.
2. Wash kale and spin dry
3. Place in a serving bowl, add dressing, tossing to coat leaves well, and chill for one hour.
4. Garnish with cranberries and pine nuts just before serving.
Good cooking to you,