Meatloaf makes great left-overs like my Mom used to make: a meatloaf sandwich with dill pickle and ketchup. By the way, my favorite ketchup to date is Trader Joe's, but Costco has a new organic ketchup I intend to check out and review soon. Look for my recipe for a meatloaf addition to Vegetable Tostadas in my next post.
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 large eggs
1 cup uncooked oats
8 oz tomato sauce
1/8 cup dried chopped onion
1/2 cup Parmesan Herb Mix
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all the ingredients except for the ketchup in a large bowl.
3. Grease a 12" x 7 1/2" x 3" loaf pan and shape mixture into it.
4. Using ketchup from a squeezable bottle, squeeze onto top of loaf in a lattice pattern.
5. Bake for about 90 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
12 ounces dried Parmesan
2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup dried parsley
Optional ingredients: celery seed, dried mustard
Mix all the ingredients together and store in a covered jar.
May be used as breading for baked chicken, in a yogurt sauce for burgers, in mushroom soup, sprinkled on a green salad, or sprinkled on buttered French bread and broiled.
I hope you enjoy these recipes. Let me know if you've tried them and how they turned out.
Good cooking to you,