Making cheesecake may seem daunting, but the secret is simple: give yourself plenty of time and follow the directions carefully. This recipe is a nice alternative to traditional pumpin pie. Take your time, enjoy the process, and you'll come up with a treat to rave about.
Ingredients for the Crust
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about
12 whole graham crackers)
6 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
1 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Ingredients for the Filling
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons pumpkin-pie spice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, room temperature
Ingredients for the Topping
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions for the Crust
Preheat Oven to 350˚F with rack in the center.
1. Pulse graham crackers in a blender or food processor into fine crumbs.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 6 tablespoons melted butter. Transfer into a 9-inch springform pan. Press crumbs into the bottom and about 1/2″ up the sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden around edges. Remove from oven and cool to room temp.
Direction for the Filling
1. Beat the cream cheese and brown sugar with an electric mixer at low speed until smooth. Continue beating as you add the flour. Add pumpkin puree, pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Mix just until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until each is incorporated before adding the next.
2. Place springform pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour filling into springform and shake gently to even it out.
3. Transfer to the oven and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
4. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Remove pan from oven and spread filling on top, then bake 5 minutes longer.
5. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
6. To unmold, carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cut into wedges and serve.
I hope you enjoy my recipes. Let me know if you've tried any of them and how they turned out.
Good cooking to you! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!