Even though this recipe makes a large bowl of salad, it doesn't take long to disappear, it's so delicious. Make the basic salad the day before eating.
4 medium potatoes boiled and peeled
4 large eggs, boiled
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup sweet pickles, chopped
*1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Dash white pepper
2 Tablespoons dill weed
1/2 cup curly or flat-leaf parsley sprigs
*I like to use Trader Joe's Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
1. Coarsely dice cooked potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Slice eggs. Set aside enough nice looking slices with which to decorate the top.
3. Add chopped celery, onion, and pickles.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the mayo, yogurt, milk, sweet pickle juice, mustard, brown sugar, salt, white pepper to make a dressing.
5. Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and stir until all the potato pieces are moist.
6. Chill the salad overnight as well as the sliced eggs and parsley.
7. The next day, adjust seasonings (I usually add more pickles juice and salt), and turn into a serving bowl. Decorate with the sliced eggs, sprinkling of dill weed, and sprigs of parsley.
Good cooking to you,