4 cups zucchini, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, diced
2 medium green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
*4 ounces canned mushrooms, sliced
6 large corn or whole wheat tortillas
2-3 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
2 cups sour cream or plain yogurt
2 tomatoes, chopped
1-2 cups red or green salsa
* If you omit the mushrooms, you will need to add a bit of water to the mixture while cooking.
1. Combine the zucchini, onion, celery, pepper, parsley, and mushrooms in a saucepan. (Do not drain the mushrooms.)
2. Bring to boiling, then simmer covered for about 10 minutes until vegetables are just tender. Drain well.
3. Meanwhile, spread the tortillas on a cookie sheet and spray one side with a non-stick spray. Broil a few minutes until golden. (Watch carefully to prevent burning!)
4. To assemble, turn the tortillas over and top each with about a 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and place back under the broiler until the cheese melts.
5. Serve with a bowl of the sour cream or yogurt, a bowl of the tomatoes, and a bowl of salsa.
Note #2: Optional ingredients may included chopped cabbage and black beans
I hope you enjoy this dish. Let me know if you've tried it and how it turned out.
Good cooking to you,