Thank Adelle Davis, America's nutritional guru to the hippie generation, for these yummy and decidedly nutritious waffles. (see Nutritious Quick Bread Mix)
3 large egg yolks, beaten
1 cup milk or almond milk
1/2 cup canola or grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups Nutritious Quick Bread Mix
3 large egg white
Variations: Add chopped nuts and or berries to the mix
1. Mix together all ingredient except the egg whites until smooth.
2. Beat until stiff the egg whites and fold into above mixture.
3. Brush the waffle grill with a little oil.
4. Pour the batter onto the waffle iron so that it almost reaches all the edges.
5. Cook until the waffle iron light goes out. The waffles should be toasty brown. Add more batter to the iron to make a second waffle.
6. Serve with your choice of toppings, like berries, applesauce, peanut butter, whipping cream, etc.
Note: You may want to gently stir in a little more milk if the mix seems too thick.
Good cooking to you,