Baking time may vary so make this in plenty time and keep warm in the oven.
6 cups root vegetables, cubed
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1 or 2 bell peppers (red makes a nice contrast),
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
1-2 teaspoons red chile powder
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
Note: Can include parsnips, rutabaga, potatoes, carrots, etc. Yams and sweet potatoes cook faster than other root vegetables, so you might want to add them the last 30 minutes of roasting time.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare the vegetables and place the root vegetables (but not the onion and peppers) in a large, covered bowl.
3. Combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, and spices in a small bowl, then pour over the vegetables. Shake bowl until the vegetables are covered with the liquid.
4. Oil a 13" x 9" baking pan and pour vegetables into it, gently shaking to distribute equally.
5. Bake in heated oven for 60 minutes.
6. With a spatula, mix up the roots and add the onions and peppers.
7. Bake another 30 minutes or so until the roots are easily pieced by a fork.
8. Serve on a platter or in a bowl, and enjoy.
Good cooking to you,