If you like eggnog, you will love, love, love this parfait and how easy it is to make. The layers of gingersnaps and pudding show off nicely in transparent parfait glasses or a glass bowl.
I always have copies of this recipe for my guests, because after consuming this treat, they inevitably want to make it themselves.
*1 quart eggnog
6 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups crushed gingersnaps
2 teaspoons grated nutmeg
*This recipe will not work with low-fat
Note: An alternative to this dish is to pour custard onto a baked pie crust or individual tart shells.
1. Crush gingersnaps by processing in blender or putting them in a ziplock bag and rolling a rolling pin over them.
2. Pour 1/2 cup eggnog into a 3 quart microwave-safe container.
3. Slowly stir the cornstarch into the 1/2 cup eggnog. Beat with a wire whip until smooth.
4. Add vanilla and sugar.
5. Stir in remaining eggnog.
6. Cook uncovered at half power, stirring every few minutes. Cook until the mixture is very thick, about 10 minutes.
7. Cool slightly so as not to crack the parfait glasses.
8. Gently ladle custard with alternative layers of crushed cookies into glasses. (Can also be served in a large glass bowl.)
9. Chill for one hour until custard is set.
10. To serve, top with whipping cream and grated nutmeg.
I hope you enjoy my recipes. Let me know if you've tried any of them and how they turned out.
Good cooking to you! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!