and refrigerate. Can be added to the salad cold or warmed for a few minutes in the oven or a couple of minutes in the microwave.
Prep time: 30 minutes Bake & cool time for squash: 1 hour Serves: 6
Roast Butternut Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Cut the ends off the squash, then slice it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds,(You might want to save the seeds to roast. Yum!) and peel the squash. Cut into bite-size pieces.
2. In a bowl, toss the squash with the olive oil, cinnamon, and salt and pepper.
3. Place the squash on a roasting sheet or pan and roast in the oven until tender, about 30-40 minutes or more depending on how roasted you prefer. Set aside to cool.
Assembling the Salad
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a covered jar and shake to mix.
2. Put the greens to a large bowl and add the ingredients you've chosen from the Mix-ins list.
3. Toss the salad with the dressing and squash and serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Leave a post here to let me know if you've tried this dish and how it turns out. Good cooking to you.
Note: Would you like a printout of this and other recipes? These directions may help:
Use your mouse to select only the text you want to copy rather than the entire page. Then press Ctrl+C, open your Word program and press Ctrl+V to paste the semi-formatted text. Print it from there.
Linda M. Kurth is the creative mind behind such stories as the romance, Home of the Heart, and her memoir, God, the Devil and Divorce, as well as the recipes and crafts you'll find in these pages. Here's how this blog began: