Ground lamb is most often available in the spring. I overdid it a bit with the Parmesan Cheese Sauce in this photo, but boy, is this dish tasty! I'm not a big fan of roast lamb, but making a broiled burger of ground lamb is very different because the grease naturally drips off. Serve with fresh roasted asparagus and new potatoes to welcome spring.
Serves: 4 Serving size: 1/4 pound
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 Serving size: 1/4 cup
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Burgers
1 pound ground lamb
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon coarse of kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Directions for Burgers
If grilling, preheat grill.
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. (Mixing it by hand seems to work best.)
2. Form mixture into four patties, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
3. Grill or broil using medium heat., 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Tastes best if you cook until you see a little bit of pink in the center.
Ingredients for Parmesan Cheese Sauce
1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons flour
4 tablespoons Parmesan Herb Cheese Mix
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
Directions for Cheese Sauce
1. Beat egg.
2. Add yogurt and set aside.
3. Melt butter in saucepan.
4. Saute onion in the butter.
5. Slowly add flour, mixing well as you do. Add milk while continuing to stir.
6. Add the Cheese Mix.
7. Stir in the egg mixture and heat through. Do not overheat.
Serve warm over broiled burgers or use as a base for mushroom soup. In fact, experiment with the many ways you can use this sauce .
Good cooking to you,