Servings: 6 Preparation time: 30 minutes
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cup cooked rice
(I prefer brown rice.)
3 tablespoons wheat germ
1/4 teaspoon salt
(I prefer Lite salt)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
(Optional - Trader Joe's is especially good.)
1. In medium-sized bowl, beat eggs slightly
2. Stir in rice, wheat germ, salt, and pumpkin pie spice
3. Heat griddle to 325 degrees.
4. Scoop mixture with a 1/4 measuring cup and drop onto the griddle. Flatten with the bottom of the measuring cup to create 3" diameter pancakes.
5. When the cakes have browned on one side, turn over and cook until browned on the other side.
Serve with syrup, honey, jam, or a mixture of half applesauce and half plain yogurt. Add the pumpkin pie spice to the mixture if you like.
Good cooking to you,