Do you equate healthy with blah or worse? Be not afraid of this delicious and filling hot breakfast that's almost as easy to make as cooking oatmeal.
1 cup whole grain bulgur wheat
2 cups water
Pinch of salt
1 cup grated apple
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons flax seeds, *ground
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, *ground
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1+ cup almond milk
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
Optional ingredients to add on top: blueberries, banana slices
*Coffee grinders are great for grinding these.
1. In a saucepan with lid, bring the water to boil.
2. Stir in the bulgur and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
3. While bulgur is cooking, grate the apple and prepare the seeds.
4. When bulgur is cooked, stir in the rest of the ingredients.
5. Fill four cereal bowls with 3/4 cups of the mixture and top with flaked coconut.
6. Serve with a pitcher of almond milk and fruit such as blueberries or banana slices for individual preference.
Good cooking to you,