These sugary spicy hazelnuts/filberts make a nice gift at Christmastime. I've experiemented quite a bit with removing the nut skins and I challenge anyone to come up with a better method. Honestly, I'm always interested in improving my recipes, and I welcome feedback.
Servings: 12 Serving size: 1/4 cup Preparation time: 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour
Baking time: about 15 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Measure oil into a plastic container with a tight fitting lid.
3. Place nuts in the oil. Cover and shake vigorously, coating the nuts.
7. Pour out onto a large cooky sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Process sugar and spices in blender until super fine. Sprinkle about half of the mixture on the nuts.
9. Roast for about 15 minutes, watching that they don't burn.
10. Stir and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture and roast for about 15 more minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
Serve in a pretty dish or place in a package with a bow for gift giving.
I hope you enjoy my recipes. Let me know if you've tried any of them and how they turned out. Feel free to share your favorite Thanksgiving recipes in your comments.
Good cooking to you,
Note: Would you like a printout of this and other recipes? These directions may help:
Use your mouse to select only the text you want to copy rather than the entire page. Then press Ctrl+C, open your Word program and press Ctrl+V to paste the semi-formatted text. Print it from there.
Linda M. Kurth is the creative mind behind such stories as the romance, Home of the Heart, and her memoir, God, the Devil and Divorce, as well as the recipes and crafts you'll find in these pages. Here's how this blog began: