Why go to all the trouble to slice sweet potatoes in fry strips when you can simply slice them into rounds? This method occurred to me one day, and is so much easier. I plan to use it from now on. My other twist to this recipe is the addition of my Parmesan Herb Mix.
Just be sure to make lots of these, because they're addictive.
1 to 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (large ones are
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 Parmesan Herb Mix
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
3. Peal the sweet potatoes. Cut into medallions (rounds) about 1/4
4. Measure oil, salt, paprika, and cinnamon into a container with a
tight fitting lid.
5. Add the sweet potatoes and seal the container. Shake well to
thoroughly coat the medallions.
6. Spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes until
8. Transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate and let drain
for a couple of minutes.
9. Serve warm.
Good cooking to you,