1/8 cup vinegar
2.5 pound turkey carcass
1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
2 pieces bay leaf
1 teaspoon peppercorns
1 teaspoon whole cloves
Water to cover
1. Put carcass in 6-to 8-quart stockpot. Add the water and vinegar. Add all the other ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator.
4. Strain and refrigerate overnight.
5. Skim off fat and use within 3 days (refrigerated) or freeze in serving-size containers (1-2 cups).
I hope you enjoy my recipes. Let me know if you've tried any of them and how they turned out.
Good cooking to you,
Wine Basted Turkey
Cornbread, Yam, and Apple Stuffing
Easy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts
Cran-Apple Spinach Salad